Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Info Post


A few months back debutant Mouni Roy became the talk of the town when she bagged the pivotal role of Krishna Tulsi in Star's big ticket show, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. From then till now, this bong actor has found a favourable acceptance with the audience which is evident from hype created by the current track (KT is the now the common love interest of Eklavya and Lakshya).

In an informal tête-à-tête with Prashant Golecha, Mouni sheds light on her Kyunki experience, clarifies rumours of link up with co-star Pulkit and eulogises her relationship with mentor Ekta Kapoor!

"My friends on the sets feel I need to change a bit"
It's almost been six months of since your association with Kyunki�How does it feel?
My friends on the sets feel I need to change a bit. I believe I'm still the same person as I was before. I was and still am very camera shy. It was for the first time I came to Mumbai and joined the Kyunki unit. I had to adjust with everything, which did take time.
How would you describe the real Mouni?
I am like every other girl similar to everyone my age and am as different as every individual. I am an extrovert or introvert depending upon the gathering. I can be short tempered and moody at times. But basically, I am a decent, fun-loving and peaceful soul.

Did the addition of Tulsi to your character name be of any help?
It did.

How is it working with established names like Smriti Irani and Ronit Roy?
Smriti is sweet. She took extra care of me in Haridwar as well as Mumbai. I used to break down a lot and she used to treat me with an ice-cream! I remember my first scene which was opposite her where she went out of the way to make me feel comfortable. I will always be grateful to her! With Ronit I have done only family scenes and whatever I have seen of him, he is very nice.



"I used to break down a lot and Smriti used to treat me with an ice-cream"
And your equation with Ekta Kapoor?
It was after seven days of shoot that I first met her. She is my Boss - the one I respect. I can go to her if I have any problem, as she is approachable. I have an office kind of an equation. The communication is through the creative department through which I get feedback for my role.

Gossip mills are working overtime churning stories about your clandestine romance with co-star Pulkit Samrat. Does it affect you?
Not at all! You will be affected with something, which really exists. In this case both the smoke and fire have been unnecessarily created. We have a good working equation but we don't even hang out together. All those rumours can cease by themselves. Right now I am too busy to think about anything else but work.

Ok. So your dream man is yet to embark your life. Have you envisioned him?
He should be tall and presentable enough, though not necessarily a good-looking one. Intelligence matters too and above all should be able to handle me.

General perception is that you somewhat resemble Moon (known as Moonmoon who plays Sampada in Kassauti). Your comments.
In my opinion I don't resemble her at all. Nobody from my sets has told me this. The only thing in common must be that we both are Bengalis. I have seen her at Ekta mam's parties. Hey, am I not taller than Moon?


"Pulkit and me have a good working equation but we don't even hang out together"
If not an actress�.
I would have been completing my M.A. in Mass-Communication from Delhi and later pursuing puppet making.

Are films on your agenda?
Of course! Who doesn't want to get into movies? I will act in films if it's in my destiny.

Your favourite Bollywood stars.
Abhishek Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan - the former for his boyish charm and the latter as he looks like a Greek God.

Passions other than acting�
Dancing, singing, painting and puppetry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment